The Center for Cycling Expertise (CCE) is a Ghanaian NGO set up with the primary aim of supporting and promoting sustainable Non-Motorized Transport (NMT) in Ghana.
Since, CCE’s establishment in 2002 the following are some of the activities that had been undertaken by the Centre:
- A mobility study of Accra in a report titled “Cycling in Accra : A case study”
- A documentary titled “To cycle Hopefully”
- Stakeholders meeting with other stakeholders on New Transport New City with Enrique Penalosa, Former Mayor of Bogotá in attendance.
- Advocacy for soft road users on Electronic Media.
- Review of design drawings at the request of the Department of Urban Roads.
- Organized bicycle caravans with other stakeholders.
- Organized stakeholder meetings with the Department of Urban Roads, Department of Town and Country Planning, and the then Ministry of Modernisation of the Capital City on Improved accessibility and dignified public spaces.
- A survey on the Accra Metropolitan Assembly’s Decongestion exercise titled “The Impact of Accra Metropolitan Assembly’s Decongestion Exercise: Pedestrians Perspective”
- Publication of quarterly Newsletter
Telephone: (+233) 21 682 417
Fax: (+233) 21 682 418
P. O Box BT 446, Tema